To obtain a tutor for any subject area, student-athletes must currently be enrolled in the course. Follow these steps to make an appointment:
- Log in to SSC Campus with your normal VCU login information.
- Click the class info tab and click request tutor for the applicable course.
- In the comments section, type any preferences (days, times, tutor, etc.) and submit the request.
- Within 48 hours, you will be assigned a weekly appointment, which you are expected to attended regularly.
Any questions or scheduling issues can be directed to tutor coordinator Elizabeth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to your respective SASS coordinator.
No-show and cancellation policy
Once an appointment has been scheduled, you are expected to treat it like any other professional appointment by cancelling with the appropriate length of notification.
- Cancellations: Contact the tutor coordinator and/or your respective SASS coordinator by 12 noon the day before your scheduled appointment.
- No-shows: If the appointment is not cancelled by 12 noon the day before, or if you are more than 20 minutes late, your appointment will be considered a no-show. After two missed appointments, all student-athletes are required to meet with their SASS coordinator and tutor coordinator to discuss their continuation of tutorial services.