VCU Student-Athlete Support Services is committed to providing the resources to inspire student-athletes to achieve their full potential. The initiatives by the SASS department are developed to deliver comprehensive programming and a first-class student-athlete experience. In line with VCU’s Quest for Distinction, SASS offers complimentary tutorial and scholastic assistance to all student-athletes who require and/or request support for subject-specific academic content.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday: 4-10 p.m.
We require ALL tutoring appointments to take place in the Siegel Center Lab:
Siegel Center Tutoring Lab
1200 W. Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23284
Student-athletes must accept these participation guidelines:
- Be on time for all tutoring appointments. Tutoring sessions will last one hour, and students must meet at least once a week for the remainder of the semester.
- Attend all classes and labs. Students who miss class because of a game should ask a classmate to provide notes.
- Tutors are not responsible to teach material that was missed because of a game.
- Bring course syllabus, book and notebook to every session.
- Develop a plan of action with the tutor. Students may need to meet with their professors to discuss effective study strategies.
- Try to do homework or reading assignments before meeting with the tutor. Write down questions or problems.
- Call or email 24 hours in advance to change or cancel an appointment.
Arriving late, failing to show or coming unprepared to three or more sessions will result in a meeting between the student, academic advisor and head coach to determine disciplinary measures.