Student-Athlete Support Services helps student-athletes at Virginia Commonwealth University successfully complete the requirements for a bachelor’s degree while ensuring that university policies and NCAA academic rules and regulations are followed.
Each team is assigned an athletic advisor who will coordinate academic and personal advising. Athletic advisors can help with study skills, time management, registration, major and class selection.
All first-year student-athletes meet with their athletic advisor weekly. Upperclass student-athletes meet with their athletic advisor as needed.
To make an appointment, visit SSC Campus.
Student-Athlete Support Services provides subject-area tutoring. All tutoring sessions take place in the Academic Center Computer Lab, Room 157 in the east wing of the Siegel Center. Learn more
Study hall is held in the Student-Athlete Support Services building at 1109 W. Marshall Street.
Study hall hours:
- Sunday, 4-10 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
Study hall requirements are set by the team coaches and athletic advisor, but the following rules apply to all student-athletes:
- Hours are only accepted between Sunday afternoon and Thursday night.
- Hours will not be accepted for student-athletes who fail to log out upon leaving.
- Disruptive students will be asked to leave and forfeit all hours for that session.
- Weekly time reports are sent to the head coach at the end of every week.
- Every session has a maximum of two hours at one time.