To ensure athletic eligibility, remain in good standing with VCU and receive continuing support from our staff, student-athletes should adhere to the following expectations:
- Student-athletes are expected to maintain contact with their assigned student-athlete advisor either through regularly scheduled meetings or when they have an academic concern.
- When requesting a tutor, student-athletes are expected to follow the outlined procedures for obtaining a tutor and meet with their tutor at the regularly assigned time.
- If assigned to study hall, student-athletes are expected to complete all required hours, unless excused by their head coach, and to utilize study hall time in a responsible manner.
- Aside from absences due to competition, student-athletes are expected to attend all lectures, discussions and labs.
- Student-athletes are expected to make appropriate arrangements with instructors to make up missed tests and other assignments due to athletic travel prior to leaving.
- Student-athletes are expected to seek out their instructors for extra help when necessary.
- The NCAA mandates student-athletes must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at all times during the fall and spring semesters.
- The NCAA also requires student-athletes earn a minimum of 24 credits per year, with a maximum of 6 credits to be earned during the summer term.
- Student-athletes are expected to maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA at all times.
See the Student-Athlete Handbook for a complete list of student responsibilities.